Friday, November 27, 2020

English in the university

 Hello, today I will talk about my experience learning English at the university.

Well, I've never really liked English, I feel like I can't learn it very easily and that frustrates me a lot. I think my experience of learning English at university has been very different than at school. In my last two years of school they devoted a lot of time to English. There were 3 types, one was like the normal one, the other like the pronunciation forms (those weird letters in the dictionary) and the other was related to marketing. I had to work hard to get good grades because, as I said before, it has always been difficult for me to learn English.

Although I did well, I never felt any real learning. On the other hand, when I started with English 2 in college it was very different, it was still difficult for me but I felt that I could learn better.

When they told us we had to blog in English, I was very nervous. I've never had that experience before. It was something new. But I think they are a good idea because you can write about the things that you feel and that can help you vent if you don't have anyone to talk to.

One of the things that is most difficult for me is speaking spontaneously, trying to speak fluently without having a written script. Sometimes for practice I create conversations with myself or ask my boyfriend to help me create conversations and practice. And to better understand the audios in English I like to listen to songs and try to translate or, sometimes, I put a fragment of a series and try to understand.

I would really like to get to speak and understand English fluently because of what I study and for myself. It would be a great achievement 

Well that's it. bye

8 comments:

  1. I think is a great way to improve your level have conversation with yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emi! if you need other person to speak in english, count me in! it'll help both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is also difficult for me to learn English, but you can progress and me too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also nervous when they told us that we should write a blog hahaha I thought it would be something very difficult

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emi, you just have to keep practicing, I'm sure you will get an excelent level of english.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Emi! don't worry so much, I'm sure you will achieve your goal, just go with your own rythm and try to have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emilia! I hope you can master the language.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, is hard to speak fluently, and more without having a written script:(

    ReplyDelete

English in the university

 Hello, today I will talk about my experience learning English at the university. Well, I've never really liked English, I feel like I c...